Get Up to Speed With the Latest Changes
Technology is changing rapidly, posing challenges to patient privacy and security, while creating opportunities for streamlined administration of healthcare information. Recent HIPAA updates have addressed these issues. This program will deliver an overview of recent developments while providing a look ahead at changes to come. Protect your client's privacy and remain in compliance by keeping up to date with the latest changes - register today!
- Get caught up on the current status of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Examine changes to the Omnibus Final Rule and Revised Common Rule.
- Explore the latest issues regarding Electronic Health Record adoption.
- Avoid common violations and fines by understanding the latest enforcement initiatives.
- Protect your client's privacy by instituting security safeguards.
Session Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Jeffery P. Drummond
- 2021 HIPAA Update: Where Are We Currently at? A Brief Overview
- Omnibus Final Rule - Recent OCR Guidance
- Revised Common Rule: What You Need to Know
- Privacy, Security, Cybersecurity, and Data Breach Changes and Challenges
- The New Data-Blocking Rule and Current Issues Regarding Electronic Health Record Adoption
- The Latest HIPAA-Enforcement Initiatives, Common Violations, and Fines
- Using HIPAA-Protected Documents in Litigation - Cutting-Edge Strategies
- How to Keep Medical Records Safe - New Tips for Cautious Attorneys
- Other Significant Changes Happening in 2021
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants, human resources professionals, and paralegals may also benefit.