Mitigate Financial Risk and Prevent Costly Disputes
While the AIA's Contract Documents are popular, they still must be tailored to your unique construction projects if costly disputes are to be avoided. This program will help you know when to make modifications, understand what terms to draft, and develop the interpretation and negotiation skills you'll need to draft them. Gain a competitive edge by creating the most iron-clad contracts for your clients and projects. Register today!
- Learn the major differences between AIA and ConsensusDocs forms.
- Break down key contract clauses and hear how they have been interpreted by courts.
- Understand the latest changes to the AIA Contract Documents.
- Spot gaps and other common pitfalls.
- Hear what modifications you must not miss.
- Negotiate indemnification and other key provisions favorably.
- Get drafting tips to address delays, payment issues, and other disputes.
Session Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Robert L. Smith
- AIA Contract Documents vs. ConsensusDocs
- Form Breakdowns: Key Clauses, Interpretation, and Case Law
- Owner-Architect/Engineer Agreements
- Owner-Contractor Agreements
- Subcontractor Agreements
- Recent Changes to AIA Contract Documents
- Pitfalls: Common Contract Issues, Gaps, and Mistakes
- Modifying AIA Contract Documents
- Negotiating Indemnification and Other Key Provisions
- Drafting Tips to Prevent Construction Disputes
This program is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit owners, developers, contractors, architects, engineers, project managers, paralegals and others who wish to develop their knowledge of AIA Contract Documents.