A Focused Update on All the Latest Rules and Trends
Last year has shaken most legal practices to their foundations. Adoption law is no exception: we've seen changes from agency issues, case delays, and the rapid move to e-signature use to the new state and federal laws and case law regarding indigenous children, adoptee citizenship, and more. Get the latest information you need to facilitate adoptions and prevent mistakes. Register today!
- Get an update on adoption tax credit and qualified expenses.
- Explore the interstate placement procedure in foster adoption.
- Tackle the tough questions of adopted children's citizenship.
- Get an insight into the federal influence on adoption rules, practices, and procedures.
Session Time: 10:00 AM - 1:15 PM Eastern
Break: 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM Eastern
Presenter: Karen S. Law and Stanton Phillips
- Aftereffects of COVID-19: Case Delays, Agency Issues, Visa and Consular Services, E-Signature Use, Citizenship Proceedings, etc.
- Citizenship for Adopted Children
- Interstate Adoptions and ICPC: Who Files, Residency Determination, Which State to File, Exclusions, etc.
- ICWA and the Brackeen v. Haaland Decision
- Putative Father Registries
- Adoption Tax Credits and Qualifying Expenses Update
- Federal Influence on Adoptions; Supreme Court, MEPA, PKPA, Adoptions and Safe Families Act and Servicemembers
- Foster Adoption Unique Issues: Title IV-E and Interstate Placement Processing
This legal guide to adoptions is designed for attorneys. It may also benefit adoption agency employees, social workers, guardians ad litem, paralegals, and counselors who want to learn more about the latest adoption law updates.