A Crash Course on Negotiations, Discovery, Liens, and More
It can be a long road to recovery in the aftermath of an auto accident. But if you take all the right steps, you should be able to wrap it up as efficiently as possible for your client. This boot camp will show you how to navigate the auto injury claim and litigation process from beginning to end. Expand your knowledge and skillset - register today!
- Evaluate case potential by digging into liability, damages, and insurance.
- Get creative insights for putting together a demand letter.
- Learn how to start the lawsuit off right with real-world pleading tips.
- Find out what you need to disclose and what you need to request in discovery.
- Hear how to investigate and deal with liens on the settlement.
- Explore what works (and what doesn’t) when presenting your case at trial.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Investigating Liability, Damages & Insurance Coverage
10:00 - 11:00, Glenn P. Falk Sr.
- Client Interview - Questions You Need to Ask
- Obtaining Government Records & Investigating the Accident
- Medical Treatment, Bills & Records
- Calculating Damages
- Insurance Coverage: What You Need to Know About PIP, UM/UIM, etc.
- Handling Adjuster Requests for Information or Documents
- Demand Letters & Negotiating With Auto Insurance Adjusters
11:00 - 11:45, Roger G. Bresnahan
- Claim Valuation & Colossus Insights
- Timing Your Demand
- Drafting a Strong Demand Letter
- What Should (& Should Not) Go Into the Demand Package
- Negotiating Tips & Techniques
- Settlement Agreement & Releases
- Personal Injury Pleadings & Motions: Plaintiff vs. Defense Strategy
12:00 - 12:45, Mitchell Panter
- Discovery, Experts & Evidence
1:15 - 2:00, Jed I. Kurzban
- Disclosures & Discovery Requests (With Samples)
- Using Experts in Auto Injury Cases
- Smartphone & Text Evidence
- Black Box & Other Vehicle Evidence
- Sample Questions for Medical Experts, Biomechanical Experts, Accident Reconstruction Experts, etc.
- Evidence Admission: Common Issues & Answers
- Liens, Subrogation & Set Asides: Step-by-Step
2:00 - 2:45, Blake A. Shuart
- Investigating the Liens
- Medicare Liens & Set Asides - Simplified
- Communicating With Lien Holders
- Ways to Eliminate or Reduce Liens
- Addressing Pending Liens in Settlement Negotiations
- Paying Liens Out of the Settlement
- Voir Dire to Verdict: The Auto Injury Trial
3:00 - 4:00, Jed I. Kurzban
- Voir Dire Questions for the Auto Injury Case
- Keys to Effective Opening Statements
- Direct Examination Tips
- Cross-Examination Strategies
- Trial Pointers for the MIST Case
- Closing Arguments & Jury Instructions
- Legal Ethics Issues for Personal Injury Attorneys
4:00 - 5:00, Roger G. Bresnahan
- Meritorious Claims & Contentions
- Attorney Fees & Client Funds
- Legal Marketing & Advertising Ethics
- Client Confidentiality
- Conflicts of Interest
- The Tripartite Relationship
- Communicating With Represented Parties & Unrepresented Parties
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.