Insurance Insights to Keep More Money in Your Client's Pockets
With no insurance or assets, a claimant has no possibility of being compensated and the claim is null. That is why you need to know the defendant driver's insurance or the plaintiff's uninsured motorist policy inside and out. This online seminar delves into the insurance aspects of an auto injury case. From coverage research to claims handling insights, bad faith, and liens, get the insight you need to master the insurance aspects of auto injury litigation. Register today!
- Understand the insurance policies at play for standard auto, truck, and rideshare accidents.
- Explore the particulars of UM/UIM policy coverage and exclusions.
- Delve into real-world examples of bad faith conduct in the auto insurance context.
- Get tips for communicating and negotiating with auto injury settlement lien holders.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Auto Insurance Policies: Interpretation, Issues, and Hidden Treasures
1:00 - 1:45, Alexander J. Jamiolkowski
- Auto Liability Coverage, PIP, MedPay
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Insurance Coverage in Ridesharing Accidents
- Claims Handling Insights
- Liens and Subrogation: ERISA, Medicare, Medicaid, and More
1:45 - 2:30, Alexander J. Jamiolkowski
- Investigation and Communication
- Negotiations and Reduction
- Addressing Pending Liens in Settlement Negotiations
- Hospital/Medical Provider Liens
- ERISA Subrogation Liens
- Mandatory Insurer Reporting, Medicare Recovery Act, and Medicare Set-Asides
- Medicaid Liens
- Workers' Comp Liens
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Claims, and Litigation
2:45 - 3:30, Michael R. Mey
- Was the Policy in Effect? Who is Insured? What Vehicles are Insured?
- Covered Events and Exclusions
- Duties and Coverage Conditions
- Limits and Stacking
- Valuing the Claim - Does it Exceed Policy Limits?
- Notice of Claim
- Settlements and Releases
- Coverage Disputes and Litigation
- Bad Faith
3:30 - 4:15, Michael R. Mey
- Definition and Examples of Bad Faith
- When Can a Bad Faith Claim be Brought?
- First-Party Bad Faith vs. Third-Party Direct Actions
- Types of Bad Faith Claims in Auto Insurance Context
- Settlement Considerations