Anti-Retaliation Policies, Drug-Testing Policies, Tips for Firing Workers, and More
Are you up to date on the latest compliance obligations and handbook best practices? This focused program shows you how to create, update, and implement various policies and provisions. From recent OSHA guidance to new developments surrounding criminal background checks and more, gain the insights you need to polish your handbook policies. Register today!
- Discover recent wage and hour law developments.
- Examine guidelines for reviewing and revising paid leave, PTO, return to work, and other policies in light of COVID-19.
- Uncover practical guidance for creating and implementing telecommuting policies, BYOD provisions, and more.
- Determine what changes you need to make to your employee guidebook to stay in compliance with new discrimination and harassment laws.
- Analyze legal best practices for disciplining employees.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Wage and Hour Law Update
10:00 - 10:30, Timothy J. Holdsworth
- Handbook Policies and Provisions in the Era of COVID-19
10:30 - 11:30, Megan Knowlton Balne
- Reviewing the Latest OSHA Guidelines
- Paid Sick Leave, the ADA, and the FMLA: Where Things Stand Now
- Bringing PTO Policies Up to Speed
- Return to Work: How to Prepare the Workplace
- Vaccine Policy Do's and Don'ts
- Best Practices for Minimizing Liability
- Sample Policy Toolkit for the Digital Age
11:45 - 12:30, Megan Knowlton Balne
- Telecommuting Policies
- Taking a Stance on BYOD
- Internet Use and Social Media Policies: What They Must Contain
- Restricting Employee Communications: What You Need to Know
- Overcoming Privacy and Monitoring Issues
- Reducing Disconnects Between Policies and Practices
1:00 - 1:30, Amber L. Hurst
- Managers and Employees
- Bridging the Gap With IT
- Creating and Updating Alcohol, Drug, and Marijuana Policies
1:30 - 2:15, Ashleigh R. Eames and F. Beau Howard
- Are Zero-Tolerance Drug Policies Still Legal?
- Drafting Techniques and Sample Drug Policies
- Drug-Testing Policies and Implications
- Special Considerations for Multi-State Employers
- Updating Discrimination, Harassment, and Anti-Retaliation Policies: Legal Best Practices
2:15 - 3:15, Ashleigh R. Eames and F. Beau Howard
- Updates to Pay Equity Laws
- Criminal Background Checks: Current Developments
- Religious Discrimination: Recent Developments
- OSHA Anti-Retaliation Rules and Policies
- Critical Updates to Make to Discrimination Policies: Race, LGBTQ, and More
- Harassment Policies: Outlining Prohibited Conduct, Reporting Procedures, etc.
- Dating Policies: What Employers Need to Know
- Spelling Out the Consequences of Policy Violations
- Case Law Update
- Non-Compete, Non-Solicit, and Non-Disclosure Agreements - The Latest Developments
3:30 - 4:00, Amber L. Hurst
- Best Practices for Discipline and Termination Policies
4:00 - 5:00, Robert L. Rediger
- Tips for Creating Written Performance Reviews
- Disciplinary Memo Dos and Don'ts: With Examples
- Top Mistakes Managers Make at Disciplinary Meetings
- Key Steps to Take When Terminating an Employee
- Practical Guidance for Preparing for and Running the Meeting
- Guidelines for Informing Employees of the Termination
- How to Use Separation Agreements and Releases
- Departing Employees: The Employer's Checklist
- Post-Discharge Matters You Should Anticipate
This program is designed for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants, and paralegals may also benefit.