A Current and Comprehensive Guide to Business Law
From formation to contracts, successfully advising businesses requires a thorough understanding of a vast range of legal issues. Learn how to navigate entity selection in today's tax environment, draft governing documents and common business agreements, and handle common employment law issues. Join our distinguished faculty as they show you how to thrive in the world of business law - register today!
- Explore key considerations involved in effective entity selection.
- Learn how to draft organizational documents for various business types.
- Anticipate and resolve common labor and employment issues.
- Get tips for drafting a wide range of business and employment-related agreements.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- Entity Selection Revisited
10:00 - 11:00, Katherine L. Taylor
- Weighing the Pros and Cons: LLCs, S Corps, C Corps, Partnerships, and More
- Post-TCJA Tax Considerations
- Impact of Biden's Tax Plan on Entity Selection
- Entity Conversions
- Drafting Organizational Documents
11:00 - 12:00, Katherine L. Taylor
- The Formation Process
- Drafting Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation
- Drafting Shareholder Agreements
- Drafting Operating and Partnership Agreements
- Top 10 Provisions to Have in Your Arsenal (With Sample Language)
- Drafting Tips and Traps
- Avoiding Labor & Employment Litigation Traps
12:15 - 1:15, Robert Nutt
- Key Handbook Provisions and Policies Every Employer Should Have
- Avoiding Discrimination Landmines
- Misclassification and FLSA Danger Zones
- FMLA Compliance
- Mitigating Legal Risks in the Hiring/Firing Process
- Business Contracts Deep Dive (With Samples)
1:45 - 2:45, Robert Nutt
- The Right Way to Approach Contract Review, Revisions and Negotiations
- Achieving Clarity and Concision in Business Agreements
- Drafting Employment Agreements
- Drafting Non-Compete and Confidentiality Agreements
- Drafting Indemnification Provisions
- Drafting Sales Contracts
- Reviewing Vendor Agreements and Curtailing Data Risks
- What Non-Specialists Need to Know About Intellectual Property
2:45 - 3:45, Arthur K. Shaffer
- Legal Ethics for Business Attorneys
4:00 - 5:00, Arthur K. Shaffer
- Avoiding and Managing Conflicts of Interest
- Ethical Fee Agreements
- Doing Business with Clients
- Preserving Confidentiality
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.