Learn How to Handle a Chapter 13 Case From Start to Finish
Chapter 13 bankruptcy offers individual debtors several advantages over Chapter 7. If you're representing consumers, you need to know when you should file under Chapter 13, and how to successfully take the case from intake to discharge. Whether you're new to bankruptcy or looking to brush up on the fundamentals, you don't want to miss this important learning opportunity. Register today!
- Walk through the key steps in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Learn the pros and cons of Chapter 13 compared to its alternatives.
- Review eligibility requirements and get best practices for case planning and pre-filing activities.
- Learn how to prepare petitions, schedules, and required forms.
- Discover strategies for meetings of creditors and drafting repayment plans.
Session Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Tara Gaschler Salinas
- Pros and Cons of Chapter 13
- Eligibility and Process Overview
- Pre-Filing Stage: Gathering Information, Client Questionnaires, Case Planning, and Credit Counseling
- Preparing the Petition, Schedules, and Required Forms
- Effects of Automatic Stay in Chapter 13
- Preparing for Meetings of Creditors
- Drafting and Filing the Chapter 13 Repayment Plan
- Chapter 13 Plan Requirements
- Drafting the Plan (W/ Samples)
- Confirmation Hearings
- Plan Implementation
- Chapter 13 Discharge and Post Discharge
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants may also benefit.