Improve Outcomes With Drafting and Negotiating Tactics From the Pros
Complex divorce settlements require impeccable attention to detail and a strategic mind. This practical guide skips the basics to give you hard-won tactics for financial document analysis, settlement proposal strategies, custody tactics, agreement drafting, and much more. Power up your skills - register today!
- Strengthen your negotiation openers: hear experienced speakers' approaches to settlement proposals.
- Explore creative approaches to property and debt division.
- Review a sample MSA with an eye for common mistakes and pitfalls.
- Expand on your go-to custody strategies.
- Stay in compliance with a legal ethics guide tailored to family law practice.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Financial Disclosures and Financial Document Analysis
10:00 - 10:45, Michael G. DeHaven
- Settlement Proposal Tactics
10:45 - 11:15, Laurie B. Giles
- Negotiating Division of Property and Debt (Including Cases That Include a Family Business)
11:30 - 12:45,
Michael G. DeHaven
- Advanced Custody Tactics
1:15 - 2:15, Philip M. Chopin
- Countering Dirty Negotiating Tactics and Pushing Beyond an Impasse
2:15 - 3:00, Gregg H. Mosson
- Reviewing the Settlement Agreement for Red Flags (With a Sample MSA Review)
3:15 - 4:00,
Philip M. Chopin
- Legal Ethics in Family Law
4:00 - 5:00, Laurie B. Giles
- Conflicts of Interest
- Guarding Confidentiality
- Attorney Fees and Engagement Agreements
- Financial Candor in Negotiations
This legal guide is designed for attorneys. Divorce financial planners/analysts and paralegals will also benefit.