Tips for Curing Violations, Crafting Meeting Notices, Closing a Meeting, and More
Get a solid refresher on how to conduct open meetings! This program focuses on the requirements for and exceptions to open meetings law, as well as recent trends and case law developments. Get clarity on the different types of meetings, analyze the reasons for holding a closed meeting, stay up to date on hot topics in open meetings law, and more. Enhance your knowledge - register today!
- Determine what constitutes a meeting.
- Identify the requirements for meeting notices.
- Discover common issues with closing meetings.
- Examine guidelines for using e-mail and other forms of electronic communications for meetings.
- Stay informed of the latest case law.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Tips for Determining When a Meeting is a Meeting
11:00 - 11:30, Mark Hazelbaker
- Meetings: What Are They?
- Types of Meetings
- State Open Meetings Laws: Common Elements
- Executive Meetings: When Are They Permitted?
- Open Meetings Laws: Requirements and Exceptions
- Violations: Penalties and How to Cure Them
- Meeting Notice Requirements: What They Must Contain
11:30 - 12:00, Mark Hazelbaker
- Regular Meetings
- Special Meetings
- Emergency Meetings
- Recessed or Continued Meetings
- Closing Meetings: Common Issues and Concerns
12:00 - 12:30, Eric J. Larson
- Reasons for Holding a Closed Meeting
- Procedures for Closing a Meeting
- Making Meeting Information Available: What You Need to Know
12:45 - 1:15, Mark Hazelbaker
- Legal Best Practices for Using E-Mail and Other Electronic Communications
1:15 - 1:45, Eric J. Larson
- Case Law Developments and Hot Topics in Open Meetings Law
1:45 - 2:15, Eric J. Larson
This program is designed for attorneys. Government officials and paralegals may also benefit.