Unearth Hidden Surprises Before Closing
Not all surprises are good. Hidden encroachments, boundary line problems, and other issues are best caught before closing day. This program will show you how to cross-read title reports and land surveys in order to catch and resolve title issues before it's too late. Protect your client's interests - register today!
- Discover what title reports are trying to tell you about the property in question.
- Learn how to spot encroachments, boundary line problems, easement issues, and more.
- Anticipate the most efficient solutions to common title defects and encumbrances.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Richard J. Fox
- Reviewing the Title Report/Title Commitment
- When and How to Use Surveys to Remove Exceptions
- Survey Standards and Certification
- Legal Descriptions: Are They Consistent? Do They Match the Survey Boundaries?
- Unearthing Encroachments and Boundary Line Issues
- Uncovering Easement, Rights-of-Way, and Access Issues
- Confirming Zoning, Setback Lines, and Environmental Issues
- Title and Survey Objection Letters
- The Best Remedies for Different Title Defects and Encumbrances
This program is designed for attorneys. Title insurance professionals, real estate professionals, lenders, and paralegals may also benefit.