Stay One Step Ahead of Potential Rule Changes, Compliance Issues, Enforcement Priorities, and More
In order to meet your clients' needs, you must stay informed of new updates and best practices. We compiled the most urgent changes and issues in data privacy and security to provide you with expert advice. This focused program explores the latest on the CCPA, delves into EU privacy developments, analyzes the impact of ransomware on cybersecurity, and much more. Keep your practice up to date - register today!
- Review new developments regarding the CPRA, the CCPA, and the VCDPA.
- Discover the latest updates concerning federal privacy legislation.
- Uncover practical guidance for handling risks in commercial agreements.
- Gain tips for eliminating cyber risks.
- Examine guidelines for ensuring employee privacy in a remote work world.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- The CCPA, CPRA, and the VCDPA - Current Developments
10:00 - 11:00, Michael J. Gorby
- Understanding the CCPA and the CPRA
- Impact of VCDPA
- Ensuring Compliance With the CCPA, CPRA, and VCDPA: Legal Best Practices
- CCPA Litigation, Enforcement, and Updates
- Other State Updates, Federal Privacy Legislation, and the GDPR
11:15 - 12:15, Michael J. Gorby
- The FTC's Enforcement Priorities
- Federal Privacy Legislation: What's on the Horizon?
- Impact of Potential Rule Updates
- Other Developments in State Laws
- Recent Enforcement Trends
- EU Privacy Developments: Schrems II, the GDPR, and Other Updates
- Outside of the US and the EU - The Latest Developments
- Service Provider and Data Processing Agreements: What You Need to Know
12:15 - 12:45, Brian J. Pezzillo
- Dealing With Data Risks in Commercial Agreements
1:15 - 2:00, Brian J. Pezzillo
- Practical Guidance for Minimizing Cyber Risks
2:00 - 2:45, Brian J. Pezzillo
- Employee Privacy and Ransomware Mitigation in the Era of Remote Work
3:00 - 4:00, Donald A. Wochna
- Active Defense: What It Is and Limitations (With Examples)
- Ransomware: Impact on the Cybersecurity Landscape
- Deciding Whether to Pay a Ransom: Issues to Consider
- Remote Work: Changes in Threats
4:00 - 5:00, Donald A. Wochna
- Confidentiality Issues
- Competency and Malpractice Risks
- Conflicts of Interest
- Attorneys' Fees
- Client Communications
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.