Build a Solid Foundation for Your Financial Settlements
Asset division is a critical part of every divorce: your client's future quality of life depends on it. Yet from the first financial disclosures, through tax and valuation hurdles, down to the last penny in the settlement agreement, the road is rife with pitfalls. Do you have all the critical information to ensure a settlement your client can live (and thrive) with? Our experienced attorney faculty will get you ready. Register today!
- Get all the financial information you'll need with effective discovery methods.
- Distinguish marital and separate property to protect what's already your client's.
- Get a practical introduction to dividing retirement assets and using QDROs.
- Prepare for the additional challenges of divorces that include business interests.
- Improve outcomes with hard-won settlement negotiations advice from experienced attorney faculty.
Session Time: 2:00 PM - 5:15 PM Eastern
Break: 3:15 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Carla A. Barone
- Financial Disclosures and Discovery
- Marital vs. Separate Property, Asset Valuation
- Tax Forms, Credits, Debts, Tax Impact of Divorce Settlements and Asset Division
- Dividing Retirement Assets: QDROs in a Nutshell
- Dividing a Family Business or Business Interests
- Settlement Negotiations and Final Agreement
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.