The war for top-notch talent continues to rage despite the challenges of a changing business landscape. If you’re uneasy selecting the right candidates without meeting them in person, this LIVE, interactive seminar will help provide the skills you need to recruit and hire with confidence.
Learn how you can gain an edge by making the virtual process work for you. Discover the best strategies for screening candidates from afar, how to prepare a virtual interview guide, easy ways to ensure everyone is camera-ready, tips for decoding on-camera body language, the questions you need to be asking your on-screen candidates and much more.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Describe the best practices for screening candidates from afar
- Discover virtual screening tools that will save you time
- Discuss how to establish the right on-screen tone for remote candidates
- Understand how to plan and structure virtual interviews
- Identify the on-camera body language cues you need to know
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: Resume and Application Screening
- Quickly filtering through resumes after posting a job
- Screening resumes to hire the best candidate
- Assessing the skill and will of job candidates
- Recognizing red flags on resumes
- Saving time using virtual screening tools
Session 2: Setting the Stage for a Virtual Interview
- Establishing the right tone for your online interview candidates
- Planning a structure for your online interview
- Creating the ideal setting for the on-screen interview
- Preparing a virtual interview guide for job candidates
- Evaluating group interviews versus solo interviews
Session 3: Asking Telling Interview Questions
- Constructing behavior-based questions to better understand the candidate
- Asking questions to put a nervous online candidate at ease
- Avoiding questions that could land you in court
- Maintaining rapport throughout the interview
- Reading a job candidate’s body language, even on camera
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
SkillPath is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.