Human Resource Law: What You Need to Know
presented by NBI, Inc.
Jump To Course Dates
An Introductory Guide to 2021 Legislative Updates, Handbook Policies, Recent Case Law, and More
Do you know how to spot leave abuse? Are you well-versed in the latest wage and hour law developments? This information-packed program provides you with tips and tricks for navigating various facets of HR law. From pay equity law updates to return-to-work policies and procedures, ensure you stay informed of the latest rules and guidelines. Register today!
- Discover new developments regarding non-solicit, non-compete, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Examine current issues concerning workplace diversity programs.
- Analyze the interplay of the FMLA, the ADA, and workers' comp laws.
- Develop strategies for handling common human resource law problems.
- Review techniques for drafting, updating, and implementing handbook policies.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Reviewing New 2021 Laws, Rules, Regs, and Changes
10:00 - 11:00, Stuart M. Silverman
- Pay Equity Law Updates
- Non-Disclosure, Non-Compete, and Non-Solicit Agreements: The Latest Developments
- Updates and Current Issues Surrounding Employment Arbitration Agreements
- Changes to EEOC Conciliation Regulations
- Wage and Hour Law - New Developments
- Case Law Update and Recent Trends
- COVID-19 and the Workplace: Where We Stand Today
11:00 - 11:30, Peter L. Frattarelli
- Return-to-Work Procedures and Policies: Examining the Latest OSHA Guidelines
- Remote Work Policies and Issues
- COVID-19 Vaccine Policy Do's and Don'ts
- Discrimination, Harassment, and Bullying in the Workplace
11:45 - 12:30, Latha M. Srinivasan
- Case Law and Legislative Updates
- Issues With Workplace Diversity Programs
- Best Practices for Crafting and Updating Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Policies
- Practical Guidance for Responding to Discrimination, Harassment, and Bullying Claims
- Rules on Conducting Workplace Investigations
- The Interplay of the FMLA, the ADA, and Workers' Comp Laws
12:30 - 1:30, Peter L. Frattarelli
- FMLA and ADA Compliance Essentials
- What the FMLA Does and Does Not Cover
- Navigating ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Comp Interactions
- Reasonable Accommodations: What You Must Know
- Handling COVID-19-Related Accommodation and Leave Issues
- Managing Intermittent Leave and Other Thorny Issues
- Employee Leave Misuse and Abuse: Spotting and Stopping It
- How to Handle Top HR Problems
2:00 - 2:45, Ryan T. Neumeyer
- Addressing Employee Drug Use
- Preventing Cyberbreaches
- Wage and Benefit Errors, Employee Misclassifications, and Other Errors
- Guidelines for Dealing with Problem Employees
- Getting up to Speed on Employee Handbooks: Are You up to Date?
2:45 - 3:45, Latha M. Srinivasan
- Best Practices for Workplace Behavior, Discipline, and Misconduct Policies
- Updating Wage and Hour Provisions: What They Must Contain
- Drug, Alcohol, and Marijuana Policies
- Social Media Policies
- Other Handbook Policies That Invite Scrutiny
- Ethical Issues
4:00 - 5:00, Stuart M. Silverman
- Rules of Professional Conduct
- Conflicts of Interest
- Privileged Communications
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants, and paralegals may also benefit.
Training Provider: NBI, Inc.
Course Topics: Law Training >
Training Course Summary: Human Resource Law: What You Need to Know