How to get contracts without being the low bidder!
For 30 years, Joe Egan has been an owner of one of the largest construction companies in the nation, The Egan Companies. Over that time, he's successfully negotiated millions of dollars in construction contracts based on, in his words, "the right price, not the low price."
There is a method and skill set that made him successful in a tough bidding industry. With years of construction negotiation experience, Joe is here to help you beat your competition at your next presentation with information that is easy to understand and quick to implement.
This course on presentation skills is based on the tips outlined in his book, The General Contractor - How to be a Great Success or Failure. All you need is the willingness to learn these methods.
End the frustration of putting in all the work of responding to a request for proposal and putting in countless hours and dollars drawing up plans, specifications, cost estimates and schedules, only to be beaten by someone else with a superior 30-minute presentation.
How do you get to first place? This course will help you understand what to do and what to avoid before, during and after your presentation.
You will learn the reasons why contractors do or do not get the contract award. It’s not always about price. Instead, success or failure lies in your ability to verbally persuade, use good body language, demonstrate the credibility of your perceived competence and your willingness to have a successful project.
Who is the target audience?
This course is for architects, engineers, and contractors who make face-to-face presentations to customers
This course is NOT suited for those who rely solely on the low bid
This course is for those who are willing to improve their presentation skills for professional business presentations, grow their confidence during important meetings, and those who want to learn what to expect during the bidding process
The willingness to learn how to sell at the right price, not the low price
What You Will Learn
- Section 1: Course Introduction
- Traits of the Contract Industry & Customer Expectation
- Presentation Scenario
- The 4 Things Customers Want
- The 2 Types of Buyers
- Persuasion Skills
- The Use and Interpretation of Body Language
- Controlling Fear and Nervousness
- Section 2: The Presentation
- Presentation Goals and Strategies
- What to Do Before the Presentation
- Introductions and First Impressions
- Tactics, Role and Speaking Skills
- What Not to Do in Your Presentation
- Section 3: After The Presentation
- Next Steps and Follow-Through
- What the Customer Will Say About You and Your Company
- Why Contractors Don't Get the Job
- Why Contractors Get the Award
- Section 4: Summary & Conclusion
- The Main Goal to Achieve
- Negotiation Competence
- Dealing with Failure
After the Presentation
Summary and Conclusion
Course Duration: 12:39:30 AM
Course Level: Beginner to Advanced