Stress at work can leave you feeling overwhelmed and out of control. It’s disabling — capable of diminishing your drive and decreasing your productivity.
If you want to succeed on the job, it’s vital that you learn to cope with high stress levels. This online training course can help by exploring one of the chief causes of workplace stress ? change ? and how we respond to it. Do you readily embrace change as part of life or do you resist it at every turn and add to your stress?
Instructor-led and highly interactive, this virtual workshop shows you how to protect yourself from stress and its damaging effects. Through self-awareness, proven strategies and useful tools, you’ll discover techniques to reduce stress and to live your work experience in a positive way.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Discuss the impact of change on employee stress
- Describe ways employees can embrace change for positive results
- Understand how our reactions to stress affect our capacity to cope with it
- Learn how to reduce stress by eliminating negative self-talk
- Explore strategies for reducing workplace anxiety to increase productivity
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: Managing the Stress of Change
- Internal vs external change and how each can impact employees
- Techniques for finding motivation in times of change
- Using strategies like knowledge and support to better prepare for change.
- How to communicate change in uncomfortable situations.
Session 2: Controlling Reactions
- Identify areas that are within your area of concern, area of impact and center of control
- Tactics for communicating urgency during intense conditions
- Tips for giving and receiving criticism under pressure
- Reducing tension by addressing others with assurance and accountability
- Techniques for addressing difficult situations with poise and restraint
Session 3: Cultivating the Right Outlook
- Steps for taking a potentially negative situation and transforming it
- Overcoming procrastination to increase focus and overall success
- Ways to alter your perspectives and perceptions for improved outcomes
- Techniques for developing personal effectiveness and personal hardiness
- Define the success of a stressful incident