HRCI and SHRM Certified
Employee expectations have shifted, and today, workers want their jobs to have purpose and align with their values. Not only do they expect their companies to be involved in societal and environmental issues, but they also want a sense of fulfillment and feeling appreciated and cared for at their jobs. Employees are less willing to compromise and are more willing to leave a job that doesn’t meet all their needs.
This LIVE, instructor-led course provides a better understanding of job performance essentials like recognition and career growth. You’ll learn how to fulfill personal and deeper needs like work-life balance and a sense of belonging. You’ll also explore ways to make meaningful changes within your organization’s culture so you can demonstrate a sincere determination to make your organization a place where people want to work.
What You Will Learn
- Discover new strategies for creating a happier workforce
- Uncover, explore and focus on the key needs of employees
- Foster an increased sense of belonging in the workplace
- Create an environment of psychological safety
- Describe ways to promote authenticity in your organization
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: Meeting Employee Needs
- Identify and expand on key employee needs
- Explain what attracts the best employees
- Examine areas for improvement in your organization
- Discuss transactional vs meaningful change
- Describe best practices for conducting stay interviews
Session 2: Fostering a Sense of Belonging in the Workplace
- Define belonging and why it’s vital in the workplace
- Discuss how belonging impacts performance
- Evaluate your organization’s inclusiveness
- Identify ways your company could be more inclusive
- Examine strategies for increasing the sense of belonging in your organization
Session 3: Allowing for Authenticity at Work
- Describe what it means to bring your authentic self to work
- Understand the how authenticity affects job satisfaction
- Identify barriers that could be inhibiting your employees’ authenticity
- Implement strategies to embolden employees to be authentic at work
- Discuss ways to promote authenticity in your workplace
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
SkillPath is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.