Differences in opinion, communication style, and/or approach can often cause people to close-minded and angry, The resulting conflict can have a negative effect on quality, productivity, cooperation, and communication. Because conflict is inevitable, training employees on the principles of conflict management is essential in today's workplace. This workshop gives participants the tools they need to communicate through the conflict for the resolution of differences with bosses, coworkers, customers, and others.
Take advantage of this training session if differing ideas, interests and perceptions create conflict create situations where:
- Discussions become deadlocked or turn into personal attacks?
- People avoid situations where they anticipate conflict?
- Some people seem to always "get the better" of those around them leaving everyone uncomfortable?
- Feelings overtake objectivity leading to personal attacks and angry outbursts?
- Differences are left unresolved leading to low productivity and morale?
If that sounds familiar, this training is for you!
This Conflict Management Seminar will help employees:
- Approach conflict as a process to achieve positive results
- Reduce the impact conflict can have on morale
- Lower the cost of conflict for themselves and the organization
- Minimize the negative consequences of unresolved issues lingering on and on
- Improve communication skills to deal with conflict at work and their personal lives
- Create a more open and collaborative work environment
- Improve team cohesiveness
Who should attendTraining Benefits
Employees, supervisors, managers, and executives having to work through conflict to work with people. This course is especially useful for those who must find ways to quickly and fairly resolve the conflicts that naturally occur in the workplace.
- Understand the sources of workplace conflict
- Learn the four guiding principles to conflict management
- Understand how personalities play an important role in conflict resolution
- Develop the communication skills necessary for conflict resolution
- Understand which brainstorming techniques work best with groups, and which work best with individuals
- Identify strategies to implement conflict resolution activities
- Learn techniques to head-off future conflict
Overview of Concepts and Deliverables Provided
- Identifying and understanding communication filters that lead to conflict
- Recognizing the differences between conflict management and conflict resolution
- How to identify the possible outcomes of a conflict before choosing an approach to conflict resolution
- How to identify healthy conflict within the organization
- Using an employee attitude checklist and a personality assessment tool to identify sources of conflict
- How to develop a step-by-step path that leads to conflict resolution
- How to counter fallacies and use logical arguments during conflict
- How to use the Socratic Method to clarify the sources of conflict
- Developing sure-fire communication skills necessary for successful conflict resolution
- Determining and implementing the best options for conflict resolution